By using the Bracesquestions.com Public Areas (all areas of user generated content including but not limited to the BQ Community, Blogs, Profiles, and Forums), you agree to the Rules, Disclaimers, and all administrative decisions. Members are responsible for reading and following all rules and disclaimers.
Rules and Disclaimers
Medical / Dental Disclaimer
The Bracesquestions.com website (“the Site”) does not provide dental, orthodontic, or medical advice.
The contents of the Site, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on the Site are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to be a substitute for professional dental advice, orthodontic advice, medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. For any questions you may have regarding a dental, orthodontic, or medical condition, always seek the advice of your dentist, orthodontist or other qualified health care provider. Never disregard professional dental, orthodontic, or medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Site! Bracesquestions.com does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.
If you think you have a medical or dental emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
We reserve the right to remove any post or user from our Public Areas — although we have no duty to do so. When posts are deleted, it’s usually because they violate one or more of our house rules. Repeated violation of these rules may result in the suspension of your posting privileges.
Unlawful or Inappropriate Content or Conduct
Although as an online service provider, we are not responsible for the conduct of our users, we want Bracesquestions.com to be a safe place on the internet. Therefore, in using Bracesquestions.com Public Areas, you agree to abide by the following rules:
• All users must be at least 13 years of age. Knowingly and willingly continuing a discussion with anyone under this age could result in loss of privilege.
• You must respect the privacy of individuals. This means no posting of phone numbers, addresses, social security numbers or any other private information. We discourage users from posting such information even about themselves, as we cannot control how that information may be used beyond our Public Areas.
• You may not impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity
• You may not use or attempt to use another's account, service or system without authorization or create a false identity on the Bracesquestions.com Public Areas.
• When posting, please use proper grammar. Refrain from 'text-message' style substitutions of words like 'u' for 'you', and 'ur' for 'your'. This is a multi-national forum, and some of our non-english speaking members must use translation software which is confused by abbreviations.
• You may not send or make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation. If you would like to advertise on our site, contact us here.
• You may not post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
• There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory. This includes flaming or instigating arguments.
• Do not harvest emails for spam or spam-like purposes, or for any type of "mass-mailing" or "bulk email." Do not post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
• Pornography or any other illegal transactions may NOT be linked in any shape or form.
• You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on the Bracesquestions.com Public Areas or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the Bracesquestions.com Public Areas does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through the Bracesquestions.com Public Areas.
• No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.
• Choose a username carefully. You may not use names that are offensive, that suggest illegal activities or that are meant to imitate other users. Any such names will be blocked from posting on our Public Areas.
• Posts may be deleted for any reasons the Public Area administrators deem reasonable.
• Members may have only one account on this forum. Members may not have more than one account.
• Topics are reorganized regularly to reduce page clutter. If you have a question about where your topic went, please Contact Us before starting a new topic or posting a duplicate of the original topic. We will be happy to provide you with a link to the new location, or a reason why it was locked and/or removed.
• Please report abuse. If you are the recipient of offensive or otherwise inappropriate comments through the Public Areas, become aware of others being subjected to such comments or have other problems with the Public Areas please use the "Report Post," or Contact Us link to bring it to our attention. We will review the content and take appropriate action.
• All information and instructions given within these forums is to be used at your own risk. By following or using any of this information you give up the right to hold Bracesquestions.com liable for any damages.
• We reserve the right to remove any post or user from our Public Areas. When posts are deleted, it's usually because they violate one or more of our house rules. Repeated violation of these rules may result in the suspension of your posting privileges.
Additionally, the Content which includes, but is not limited to any of the following, may not be posted if it:
• is patently offensive or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
• harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
• exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
• contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website
• contains profanity. Use of profanity will not be tolerated and may lead to suspension.
• solicits personal information
• provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, or email addresses
• promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous
• promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files
• involves the transmission of junk mail, chain letters, or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, spimming, or spamming
• contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page)
• furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses
• solicits passwords or personally identifiable information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users
• involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes
• includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person's consent.
The Bracesquestions.com Public Areas may contain Content of Bracesquestions.com. This Content of Bracesquestions.com is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and Bracesquestions.com owns and retains all rights in the Bracesquestions.com Content and the Bracesquestions.com Public Areas.
Bracesquestions.com is not responsible for the content, accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any posting on the Bracesquestions.com Public Areas. The postings express the views of the author, not necessarily those of Bracesquestions.com nor any entity associated with Bracesquestions.com. You remain solely responsible for the content of any postings and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Bracesquestions.com and our agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Bracesquestions.com reserves the right to suspend or evict users from the Public Areas. Bracesquestions.com reserves the right to edit or delete any posting, for any reason, at the discretion of Bracesquestions.com. Always consult your dentist, orthodontist, or qualified health care provider before trying any user recommended treatments.
Bracesquestions.com may delete any Content that in the sole judgment of Bracesquestions.com violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. Bracesquestions.com assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Bracesquestions.com Public Areas for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time Bracesquestions.com chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Bracesquestions.com Public Areas, Bracesquestions.com nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content. You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of the Bracesquestions.com Public Areas, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users. Bracesquestions.com does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by Bracesquestions.com prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Bracesquestions.com. Bracesquestions.com makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
Bracesquestions.com, Inc. reserves the right to reveal your identity, as well as any information obtained about you, in the event of a complaint or legal action arising for any message posted by you.